Communication error when installing a product based on Cytomic
- Cytomic EPDR
- Cytomic EDR
The process of installing the communications agent and protection has different steps, mainly:
- Integration of the communications agent in Cytomic management platform, for viewing and management from the web console.
- Download configurations.
- Download of the installers of the contracted protections.
- Download knowledge signature files.
- Verification of the necessary communications so that the protection can access the Collective Intelligence both to obtain knowledge and to send telemetry.
What if the integration of the agent in the console fails?
If the integration of the agent in the Cytomic platform fails (step 1), it may be due to various reasons that are explained below. If step 1 does work and the process fails in any of the subsequent steps, it is probably due to Cause 3.
- Cause 1: problem in the network settings established for the group of computers for which the installer has been downloaded.
Solution: go to Settings, Network settings and check the network configuration and in case of error, establish the correct one and download the installer again.
- Cause 2: connectivity errors in the computer. In this case, HTTP or WININET error codes will be displayed.
- Cause 3: your company’s firewall, proxy, etc. have access restrictions to the URLs necessary for the installation of Cytomic solutions.
Solution: make sure that the URLs indicated in this article are open in your company.